Would you like to join one of Michigan's premiere Choirs?
Rackham Choir attracts some of the finest singers in Southeast Michigan. Members are selected by audition from volunteer singers throughout Metro Detroit.
Singing with Rackham Choir is a challenging and rewarding experience. As a member, you can expect to perform three to four concerts each year with invitations to participate in other collaborations. The Michigan Opera Chorus frequently invites selected members of the choir to perform in main stage productions.
- Auditions are held monthly June-September with additional auditions in December and January.
- You should be prepared to sing one selection of your choosing that highlights the strengths of your voice and allows you be expressive.
- Accompaniment will be provided. Please bring a copy of your music for the pianist.
- You will be asked to sight read and vocalize.
- Most auditions take about 15 minutes.
What to expect if accepted:
- Rehearsals are generally held 7-9 p.m. on Tuesday evenings, with longer rehearsals or extra evenings as required closer to performances.
- Rehearsals are usually held at the 1st Presbyterian Church of Royal Oak at 529 Hendrie Boulevard.
- We rehearse late August through June. In the summer, we either have workshops or a rehearsal once a month.
- RC performs at various venues throughout the Detroit metro area. We frequently perform at the Detroit Opera House, the Ford Center for the Performing Arts, and area churches and synagogues.
- We encourage our members to participate in every concert. However, depending on the circumstances, one may be excused from singing.
- Annual dues are $100. Scholarships are available based on financial need.
Audition dates are usually held on Tuesday Evenings.
All Applications and Inquiries may be sent to email@example.com
Please look at our special intern program for high school students interested in joining our choir. High School vocalists not selected for the program may still be accepted into the choir.Download Audition Form
High School Interns